“Why is my payment stuck with an error note in Square Enix? Will I be losing any bucks here?”If you are in a similar situation, here is what you need to know about square Enix error code i2501
All About Error Code I2501
Error code: i2501 is a payment failure error code that occurs in the Square Enix gaming platform during an ongoing payment.
This error is quite rare on such a big gaming platform. But recently the numbers have moved out of fingers.
Square Enix, the popular game publisher, gave us a number of gems to the gaming era like Final Fantasy and Shadow of the Tomb Raider.
Although, there’s nothing with the region still Square Enix error code i2501 is mostly reported from players residing in Asia and the Middle East.
It’s an indication that by mistake you have entered your payment details incorrectly. You see this mog station error code i2501on the Square Enix website but your financial institution is also somehow linked to this.
We’re here to help you with every single thing related to Square Enix Error Code i2501.
So, Let’s Get Started!
Road To Solutions
Cause Of Error Code I2501
The problem with this error message ‘i2501’ is it sticks to the screen for quite a long and does not allow you to initiate the next transaction.
Apart from this, the support team takes longer than the estimated time to get it looked at.
But knowing its actual cause will definitely help you fix it on your own. As we said the main cause why you are facing this error message is incorrect payment details.
However, it’s not the only cause limited, there are many other reasons too that may cause this error message to occur.
Here’s a list of a few most common ones-
- When you are completing your payment using the card (credit/debit) issued in a different country.
- Proxies or VPN when active on your computer can also reject your initiated payment and throws the same error message.
Note– VPN or Proxies restrictions are by default to safeguard the entire payment process. Scammers use this method to harm the gaming community.
- Multiple payment attempts can also lead to this error message. The maximum number of payment attempts per day is limited to 2 where each one of these fails. Any next attempt can lock your care for a certain period that ranges from 24 hours to 30 days.
- Payment failure can also be caused due to incorrect form of payment selection. Wrong payment details with incorrect payment form can lead to an immediate payment ban.
Well, that’s all about the possible causes which can lead to FFXIV error codes. But, hopefully, we have some best and proven ways to get it fixed.
Note- Before you start trying any method make sure you have a valid card with you. In case your card is invalid you can’t process the payment in any way.
How To Fix Error Code i2501 Mog Station?
Fixing this error means completing the payment process. Here are some tips before you try any of these methods or payments.
- Verify from your bankside that they are not blocking your registration on any online payment service.
- Make sure your bank account has enough funds to complete the transaction.
- Use a different browser where there are no add-ons enabled.
If you are done with these then here’s the list of some best and proven fixes below-
Fix 1: Turn off VPN and Proxies:
Square Enix never allows a payment when the device has enabled Proxies and VPN. This is because the smart anti-scam system in Square Enix marks the payment request rogue to its server.
So, if you have your VPN or a Proxy enabled, then make sure you turn them off before trying for s new payment.
Apart from this, to complete your payment in one go try using an open internet connection. This is because it doesn’t allow any institutional firewalls to block full internet access.
Once the payment server marks you legit, your payment process will automatically get completed.
Fix 2: Complete Payment Process through Phone:
This is the second-best way to make a successful payment without any error code ‘i2501’. Here you just need to make your payment through your mobile browser.
Although the IP addresses in both cases are the same, still there are a number of users who fixed their payment issue with this trick.
You need– Chrome browser + Android Smartphone
Try changing your internet connection too, because a changed ISP can definitely help you complete your payment with ease.
Fix 3: Connect FFXIV to Steam:
Sometimes connecting your FFXIV to Steam fixes this error code: i2501 issue. But, How to connect FFXIV to steam?
It’s simple, you first need to find the 20-digit Shadowbringers registration code by navigating to your Steam game library.
Here you have to select the “FINAL FANTASY XIV Online.” This will open a new page where you have to find the “Links” section from the right end. Now, select “CD key” and paste this key into your FFXIV.
It happens that sometimes you may see FFXIV registration code not working PC issue.
This is nothing from your side, you just have to drop a mail to FFXIV support team regarding this. In 1-2 days it will be fixed.
Fix 4: Contacting Support
This is the last way left if none of the above methods works. You need to visit the official support website of Square Enix and raise a regarding this FF14 error code i2501.
Your raised tickets must have these details mentioned-
- Exact Error Code
- Item/service which you are trying to purchase online
- Square Enix ID of your account
- Type of credit card used
- Country where the card was issued
- Name of the card issuing bank
- Payment method which you are attempting to use
- Country where you are physically located
- Number of times your payment was rejected.
This is the last way you can try as FFXIV error code: i2501 fix.
In case the support team aren’t able to help you out, then you can reach out to professionals on community forums.
Hope you got everything that you were looking for “How do I fix error code i2501?”
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Why is my Square Enix account suspended?
If you notice that your Square Enix account is suspended and won’t allow you to log in back then this could be due to three main reasons. When Square Enix detects you’re trying to log in from a new device or a different location or you returned after a long duration. To fix this you need to reset your SQUARE ENIX Account password.
A suspended account can lead to FFXIVworld transfer not working issues and even delays more than 24 hours.
2. How long does Square Enix support take?
Generally, it takes 1-2 days to get back any response from the Square Enix support team after you file an issue. But some users say on community forums that this duration may increase even up to a week.
3. How do I recover my Square Enix account?
It’s very simple to recover your Square Enix account. Just follow these steps to get back all your previous data-
- First, log-in to your SQUARE ENIX Account Management System using your account details.
- Now select ‘PlayOnline/Final Fantasy XI Service Accounts’ from the list of options available.
- From this page, you need to check the Service Account and find those Options which you want to reactivate.
- Lastly, under the section ‘Options Cancelled/To Be Cancelled’, check and select those options which you want to reactivate. After selecting tap ‘Reactivate’.
Done! Your account is now reactivated.
4. When does this Square Enix error code: i2501 free trial occur?
This error code occurs when you try to activate your free trial period by adding your credit card details. The main reason why this error occurs is incorrect card details or using a VPN. We already have discussed how to fix this error code above in our guide.
5. Why does this square Enix error code: i2501 account creation pop every time I try to create an account?
Whenever the system detects any strange registration, it simply throws this Error Code: i2501 error message. This could be due to any reason where the company terms get violated. To fix this try completing this registration process using any other device.
There’s nothing that annoying and terrifying at the same time like this Square Enix Error Code i2501. Every gamer wishes for experiencing the best gameplay with all modes and tools accessible. For this, Square Enix asks for a membership fee payment, but unfortunately this error occurs sometimes.
We hope after this guide, this error code will work for you like a solution book as we covered almost everything about this Square Enix Error Code i2501.
Was this guide informative? Do let us know below in the comments.