A very popular mobile game, Pokémon Go is based on Augmented Reality (AR) and is structured by Niantic. It tries and fulfills the needs of smartphone gaming enthusiasts. The game uses the device’s GPS and creates a virtual environment for the gamer. One of the most recent errors which have been reported is the pokemon go failed to detect location error. This article contains the researched and gathered information and the solutions in one place.
The feature of VR has been mapped by the game by providing a real-world environment to the gamer. Since its release, the gamers have been encountering numerous glitches in the working of the game.
The solutions mentioned in the article might ensure that the ‘failed to detect location 12’ error does not come up again and is solved in one attempt.
Why Does Pokémon Go Say Failed To Detect Location?
There are many different reasons which might be considered as the causes behind the error and some of the most common ones are mentioned below-
- The ‘failed to detect location Pokémon go’ error in the game is enabled on the smartphone.
- Error 12 might also come up if the mock location is not enabled in the game and is disabled via the settings.
- The smartphone is unable to receive the location information via the GPS and then the error might pop up.
- The Pokémon go unable to detect location error might come up if the player uses spoofing tools to manipulate their GPS location. If an unreliable spoofer is used then many unexpected errors might come up.
- There are many different reasons which might cause the error. One of the reasons might be if an incompatible version of the game is still run.
How To Fix Failed To Detect Location?
The most basic way to try and nullify the error 12 in Pokémon go is to restart the GPS service of the smartphone. To do this you can-
- Navigate to the settings and select the location options.
- Disable the settings and enable it again by tapping on the toggle button at the top.
- Tap on the mode option and set it up for higher accuracy.
What Can Be Done To Eliminate The Pokemon Go Failed To Detect Location 12?
There are many ways to try out and eliminate the ‘failed to detect location error. Some of the solutions are-
1. Clear The Cache And The Entire Data
Caches are the script of the game that are stored on the device and are used to load the previous information about the app. The data stored in the cache gets corrupted and it will not perform properly. To do this-
- Tap the settings on the mobile
- Locate and tap the Apps and notifications
- Find Pokémon Go and select the storage option
- Click the buttons and are labeled as Clear data and check if the issue has been resolved.
2. Uninstall The Maps Updates
Pokémon Go uses Maps to simulate the gems in real-time and this can cause the error to come up. These maps are enabled in the background while you are spoofing and the simplest way to resolve the failure to detect location Pokémon go spoofing error, follow the steps below:
- Open the settings of the mobile and select the applications.
- Scroll down and click on the maps button
- Click on the three-dot icon on the top right of the screen
- Uninstall the updates
- Select the storage and tap on the clear data and cache.
3. Install The Older Version Of Google Play Services
Google Play services are a fundamental component and are an android device that can enhance the user’s experiences. If error 12 pops up on the screen, then uninstall Google Play services and install the older version.
- Open the settings of the mobile and select the apps
- Locate the Google play services and open it
- Locate the three-dot icon on the top and right-click and select the uninstall updates.
- Go to the smartphone’s browser and download the older version of the services
- Install it and check if the issue is resolved
4. Disable the find my device option
Sometimes the game shows the failed to detect location (12 while spoofing) 2021 error which enhances because of the fake GPS location. If the find my device option is enabled then the servers will track the device and ban it from playing the game. To do this follow the steps mentioned below-
- Open the settings of the mobile and go to the security
- Scroll down and locate the device administrator’s option
- Uncheck the button parallel to the device option
5. Tweak Some Settings In The FGL Pro
FGL Pro is a popular application that lets the user play Pokémon Go with a fake location. If the Pokémon go error 12 pops up on the screen then the player needs to ensure that the settings in the application are correct.
- Launch the FGL Pro and open the settings from the top-left menu
- Check the box parallel to the secure mocking and Auto fix Mocking location
- Restart the Pokémon Go application and see if the issue persists
6. Spoof in Pokemon Go Application
Spoofing is a common term that is used in the Pokémon Go community and helps to simulate the game without any hurdle while sitting in the place. The Pokémon go failed to detect location spoofer can also be worked upon by following the procedure mentioned below-
- Navigate to the browser on the smartphone and search for “How to Root XXX”.
- Follow the instructions provided by Google to root on the phone.
- After the phone is rooted, open the browser on the phone and download APK.
- After installing the application launch the app and select the privacy mode.
- A window comes up asking if the user wants to generate a new app copy or update the existing one.
- Select the option to generate and type PokemonPro as a new name for the application
- Start it all over again and then tap on install to complete the installation of the applications.
- Go to the play store on the smartphone and then search for the link to install it
- Launch the link and search for PokemonPro in the Application section.
- Tap on the three-dot menu and select the Convert to system app
- Launch PokemonPro and go to the settings from the top left corner.
- Scroll down the menu and make sure that the indirect mocking is enabled.
- Go to the smartphone settings and select the location options.
- Enable it by tapping and then toggle the button at the top of the screen.
- Tap on the mode option and select it to the device
- Launch PokemonPro and select the set location
- Tap on Click here and then open the map and select the location to start spoofing.
7. Disable Mock Location In The Mobile
The mock location is a service that is offered by Android devices and allows the developer to use a fake location for testing purposes. This is one of the most trustable failed to detect location 12 fix. Follow the steps mentioned below to nullify the problem-
- Open the settings of the smartphone and select about phone
- Locate and tap on build number multiple times until a toast appears saying “You are now a developer”.
- Go back to the settings menu and select the developer options
- Enable all of these and then toggle the button
- Scroll down to the debugging section and tap on to select the location app
- Tap on nothing and restart the device if the issue persists.
8. Reboot PoGo
In some cases, the location services are not the cause of the error and the next step is to reboot the application. Bring up the app drawer and close the application. The process might have to be repeated until it perfectly detects the location.
In the case of the iPhone users, one of the infamous ways of dealing with the ‘failed to detect location (12) Pokémon go’ error on the iPhone is to use a spoofing tool. The GPS location can be manipulated by the user at convenience.
It is important to choose a reliable geo spoofing app to complete the job. The iToolab is a professional spoofing tool for iOS users that helps in changing the geolocation with a click.
To change the GPS location on an iPhone, follow the steps mentioned below-
- Install and launch the Any Go on the device and then connect the iPhone to it.
- Click on start and then a map will prompt up which shows the current location.
- Enter the location name in the search bar and the pointer will automatically move to the selected location.
- Click on the Go dialog box and then the location changes instantly.
Does Fake GPS Work With Pokmon Go?
If you are an Android device owner then a ton of fake GPS applications can be used to spoof the location. The ‘fake GPS go failed to detect location error comes up in such situations when these apps do not deliver the desired result.
These applications do not need root access to the device and can be unlocked with the developer locations on the Android. The mock location feature can also be used from it.
How do you show fake location in Pokémon Go?
Many people who do not mind Pokémon go failed to find location errors look for ways to fake their location in the game. To do so, you can follow the steps mentioned below-
- Choose a VPN and register for the services
- Download and install the VPN on the device
- Go to the play store and download the Fake GPS location application
- Visit the android device settings
- Click on about Phone and then build the number seven times to turn on the developer mode
What To Do If The Location Accuracy Issues In The Game Persist?
If the Pokémon go can’t find location error persists then many troubleshooting solutions can be tried out. Some of these are-
1. Ensure that you are using a supported device
The accuracy depends on the device that is being used and many supported devices are available in the market.
2. Ensure that the signal strength is appropriate
A strong internet connection either WIFI or cellular data is very important. If it does not exist it may slow down because of the heavy usage and isn’t sufficient enough to guarantee a stable connection.
3. Playing in urban areas
When a player is in an urban area, the GPS may drift or jump.
Frequently Asked Questions
Many different questions are asked by the players of the game related to the Pokémon go failed to detect location. Some of the most common questions are-
1. How Do I Fix Failed To Detect Location Pokémon Go Fake GPS?
The first method is to check and make sure that the location services are enabled and to do this-
- Go to the settings and tap on the location option
- Tap on the mode option and select high accuracy
- Try and play the game again and see if the issue has been resolved.
2. How Do I Fix Failed To Detect Location 12 In Pokémon Go?
There are many different ways in which the user can try and fix the error which is already mentioned in the article above. Some of the most common ways include ensuring a stable internet connection, GPS services, rebooting, installing the older version.
3. How To Solve Pokémon Go Failure To Detect Location?
To solve the Pokémon go location error, several ways can be undertaken and all of these can help in solving the problem.
Pokémon Go is a widely popular game that works on augmented reality and can fulfill the gaming craving of smartphone users. It has several different glitches that have been complained of including the recent Pokémon go failure to detect location errors.
This article talks about the causes of the error, the fixes for it, and the ways to spoof the location.
Also Read: How To Delete Game Pigeon App On An I phone?