Facebook is a well-known program with millions of active users. If you are a regular Facebook user, your Facebook friends will automatically notice that you are online.
Facebook notifies you when your friends are active by placing a green symbol around their profile picture; the same is true for you if you have been inactive for an extended period on Facebook. Fortunately, you can disable this function in a single move.
It would help if you were thinking of how to turn off active status on Facebook. Don’t worry stay with me till the end, and you will get to know about all the detailed processes to turn off active status Facebook.
Facebook App: How Do I Turn Off Active Status?
Here’s how to disable Facebook’s active status indication. Once you’ve done so, no one will be able to know when you connect or disconnect!
On The Facebook Mobile Application
- Disabling active status in the Facebook mobile app will remove the app’s active indication. Your active status will remain visible in the Messenger application.
- To deactivate Facebook, open the Facebook app and sign in with your credentials. Now, in the upper right corner of the app, touch the hamburger menu.
- Select ‘Settings’ from the Settings & Privacy menu.
- Select ‘Active status’ under the ‘Privacy’ column. Toggle the offsetting.
On The Messenger Application
- It’s effortless to disable the Messenger app’s active state. By hiding your functional status, you prevent Facebook from putting a green dot next to your name and showing in the Messenger app’s ‘Active’ area.
- To deactivate your Facebook Messenger active status, open the app and touch your profile image in the upper left corner.
- Now, choose ‘Active Status’ from the ‘Profile’ menu. Toggle the offsetting.
On the website of Facebook
- You may deactivate your active status on the Facebook website. When you do this, your active status is also removed from the built-in messaging feature.
- To deactivate your Facebook account, go to the website and click the three dots next to ‘Contacts.’ Now, click ‘Disable Active Status.’
- You may now choose whether to seem inactive to specific individuals or everyone. Once complete, click ‘Save.’
How Does The Green Dot Work?
Facebook launched a feature that allows users to see who is presently online. The green dot was added to indicate a user’s status as online. The green dot shows next to the user’s name on their profile photo.
However, there is much misunderstanding about the green dot and what it signifies. Therefore, let us examine it more closely.
How To Turn Off Green Dot On Facebook?
- Click on the top-right corner of your Facebook account.
- At the top, next to Messenger, click.
- To activate or deactivate the active status, click Turn On Active Status or Turn Off Active Status.
- Select any of the desired choices and then click Okay.
The green dot will show alongside a user’s profile photo. It essentially indicates that the individual is presently logged into Messenger. It’s possible that the individual is exploring the Facebook app but is not currently using Facebook Messenger.
How To Turn Off Online Status On Facebook?
The three dots next to ‘Contacts’ on the Facebook website are where you may switch off your active status. Now, choose ‘Turn off Active Status’ from the drop-down menu. You may now choose whether or not you wish to seem inactive to specific individuals or the whole world.
How To Hide Online On Facebook Mobile?
To hide your active status on Facebook, follow the steps below:-
- To begin, open the Facebook application on your smartphone.
- Click on the three lines in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Swipe down to see the Settings & Privacy menu, and then choose Settings from there.
- Navigate to the Privacy tab and choose the Active Status checkbox.
- Toggle off the slider labeled “Show while you’re online.”
How To Get Rid Of Green Dot On Facebook?
When you click on the chatbox, which is located in the bottom right corner of your screen, a drop-down window will open where you may choose “turn off chat.” It will remove your green dot and switch off the conversation for the current session.
How To Disable Active Status On Facebook?
To disable your active status on the Facebook website, go to the website and click the three dots next to ‘Contacts. ‘ Then choose ‘Turn off Active Status’ from the drop-down menu that appears. The option to seem inactive to specific individuals or everyone has been added.
How To Turn Off Active Status On Facebook Messenger?
- Go to the upper left corner and click on your picture.
- Preferences may be found by clicking on them.
- Select “Active Status” from the drop-down list.
- Active status may be toggled on and off by clicking on the Show Active Status link below.
How To Hide Online Status On Facebook Android?
- Open the Facebook Messenger app on your phone and type in your message.
- To access your profile’s avatar, go to the top-left corner of the screen and tap it.
- “Active Status” should be selected.
- Remove “Show while you are active” from the list by dragging the slider to the left and selecting “Turn Off” from the pop-up menu.
How To Turn Off Active Status On Facebook For One Person?
- Log into your Facebook account and choose the name of the person you want to seem offline to from the drop-down menu.
- Then, for that user, click the gear icon to expand Options and choose Appear Offline to Person from the drop-down menu.
- You may also add several contacts at the same time.
Why Facebook Active Status Keeps Turning On?
The most common reason for your Facebook active status keeps turning on settings to be restored to the default of “show when active” is that every time Facebook or Messenger does an update (manual or automated), most settings are reset.
The active feature is turned back on. Also, keep in mind that you must switch off the option in both the Facebook and Messenger apps.
How To Turn Off Active Status On Facebook On Mac?
- To access the gear icon, go to the top left menu.
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Remove your active status from the ‘Show when you’re online’ option in the pop-up window.
- After that, click on Done.
How To Hide Active Status On Facebook Messenger iPhone?
- Click on the Menu (three-line icon) button to open the menu in the bottom right corner.
- To access Settings & Privacy, go to the bottom of the Menu screen and touch on the corresponding button.
- Make a selection from the Settings menu.
- In the Privacy section, choose Active Status from the drop-down menu.
- To switch off your Active Status, move the toggle to the off position.
Is It The Same As Being Active On Facebook To Be Active On Messenger?
It indicates that someone is currently active if their profile shows as active now with a green checkmark next to it. The profile is currently live on Facebook and is also accessible through messaging service. When someone approaches them, they are obligated to respond since they cannot offer any reasonable reasons.
Why does Facebook display the last active date and time?
Open your Facebook Messenger App, choose the “People” option, and select “Active” at the very top of the screen. It will display a list of all of your Facebook friends who are currently active on the messenger app, and you may deactivate the toggle button next to your name to remove the Facebook last active notification from your profile.
The Facebook active status option is only applicable to the device on which it is changed, which may appear strange at first glance. Facebook clarifies that for the change to take effect, you must update the active status setting on all of the devices to which you are logged in. Yes, this is very inconvenient and a barrier to our progress.
To ensure that you hide your active status on Facebook, you should follow the instructions above on all of your logged Facebook devices. Hopefully, you found this helpful post.
Also Read: How To Delete Game Pigeon App On An iPhone?