Videos have become a popular choice for content creation and consumption in today’s world. According to research by Hubspot, 87% of digital marketers said that videos gave them a positive ROI.
But if you’re a digital marketer, you know that there is more to videos than just content. It has nothing and everything to do with marketing. Every brand needs an exceptional video marketing strategy. But, how do we get started?
There are plenty of online video editors you can start with—you probably already have a favorite. But the step after that—video marketing—is what we will be addressing in this article. We will discuss in detail the different video marketing strategies you can apply to revolutionize your brand’s identity.
Significance of Videos:
90% of customers believe that videos make buying decisions easier. According to Wikipedia, videos are an integral part of every brand’s communications plan and cannot be ignored. Videos are an effective way of communication and pave the way for smooth connections.
Types of Marketing Videos:
Before you start creating videos, it is important to understand the kind of videos your brand needs. Some of them include:
- Demo videos—to showcase how your product/service works.
- Brand videos help establish your vision and mission and connect with the viewers.
- If you regularly host conferences and discussions, you can create event videos.
- Interviews with team members and experts can help bridge the gap between your brand and your audiences.
- How-to videos are highly educational and help your audience understand your product and solutions.
- Customer testimonial videos—to aid your viewer in understanding the overall experience and establish credibility.
There are some other types of videos you can try out, too, including live videos, Instagram Reels, augmented reality videos, and virtual reality videos.
How to Make a Video for Your Business?
Now that you have an idea of the kind of video you want, it’s time to get started. Here is a brief of the process that goes into making a brand video:
- Planning the video: This includes getting answers to different answers, such as: How many videos do I want to publish per month? What is the basic idea of my videos? What is the objective of my videos? How will I promote them? How will I measure their success?
- Preparing a script: You cannot miss out on research. Find out what your buyer persona likes and create a video he/she can relate to. Prepare a script that embodies your brand’s values and gives your viewer something meaningful.
- Know your audience: Your target audience could differ for each video and each product/service you sell. Creating a buyer persona is the best first step. Remember, these viewers are your leads, so give them a video that markets your brand in the best possible way. Have different videos, including product reviews, comparisons, testimonials, educational videos, and others.
- Creating and editing videos: Now is the time to start creating! Have a rough concept in mind and start with it. Once your video is complete, spend a good chunk of time editing it. Editing is paramount, and it will make your video a great deal better. You can also choose a piece of good background music and a voice-over for your video.
Now, which online video editor to choose? Some fantastic apps include Vont, Veed, FastReel, WeVideo, and so on. They provide you with easy methods to create rich-looking videos and are used across the globe. However, some users find it difficult to understand their complex procedures. Here’s where InVideo comes into the picture. You can create awesome videos in less than 10 minutes with InVideo! It is quick, affordable, and extremely convenient. There are pre-made templates and even blank templates if you want to start on your own. And the best part? You can get started right away for FREE!
And voilà! Your video is ready. But wait, now comes the most crucial part: how to market the video you just made? There are different video hosting platforms you can use. However, whether you post it on Instagram, Facebook, or LinkedIn entirely depends on your preferences and where your target audience is.
Video Social Media Strategy:
Each social media platform requires you to devise a separate social media strategy. Let’s discuss a few key points:
- Partnering with influencers: Nowadays, smaller brands and local businesses invest in a new concept: micro-influencers. Influencers with 10K to 100K followers on Instagram, aka micro-influencers, have the potential to be effective and help your brand reach the right target audience. Choose your influencers wisely and communicate effectively with them to avoid miscommunication. Create meaningful content with them. It will make all the difference!
- Using advertisements: Video marketing is a great way to reach a large audience. So, you need to optimize your videos not just for organic traffic but also for paid traffic. When it comes to paid traffic, you need customized ads to reach relevant audiences. You could advertise on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, or on some other platform—it really boils down to where your audience is. You need to be present where your audience is.
- Deciding and measuring success: Success looks different for everyone. Think about your goals and, based on that, measure your success. If you want brand awareness, check the number of views and likes. You can also check out how much of your entire video is watched by your audience. Depending on these statistics, update your strategies.
- Best SEO practices: You need free exposure! Optimize your hashtags, add keywords to your descriptions and publish your video at the best time. Every social media platform has its own unwritten rules, and you need to master them through practice.
While all this may seem a lot, you can do it. Viewers prefer raw videos over staged ones. If you are true to your brand and your audience, it gets easier to build a relationship. The more videos you make, the better your content, filming, and editing get. Keep creating.
Video marketing is in and will be around for a long time. If you are not investing in it, you are falling behind. Today’s audiences want authentic and straightforward content. . .and videos facilitate just that. So, what are you waiting for? Get your camera and start right now. The best online video editors are available right at your fingertips.