INTRODUCTION:-Discord stuck updating
Ever thought of playing PUBG or Minecraft with your friends and decided to connect with them over Discord’s voice call and interactive chat feature for better coordination, but you see that discord won’t stop updating? Or tired of the message flashed saying discord checking for updates, over and over?
In the following article, we will deal with the most popular issues faced by users related to the Discord app, and offer solutions for the same.
WHY IS MY DISCORD STUCK ON CHECKING FOR UPDATES?
There are approximately three reasons as to why discord stuck updating and why it keeps updating forever.
Administrating issues: The most revealed reason is that Discord needs head-level advantages to make a few moves and download the most recent Discord updates appropriately.
Connection problems: Also, a glitch in-network, whether mobile data or Wi-Fi, can cause deficient downloaded updates that conflict with the attempts to install, thereby disagreement update fails to bring about a loop.
Cache issues: A Corrupted/Outdated Cache is likewise a cause and reason to Fix Discord Stuck at updating.
The above-mentioned reasons are also some elemental reasons as to why does discord take so long to update.
HOW DO I FIX DISCORD STUCK ON CHECKING FOR UPDATES?
You must wonder as to why the heck does discord stuck updating. Well, if it gets stuck in this loop, the easiest thing to do would be to delete and reinstall the app.
- Make sure the startup window is close before you go forward with this fix. All you got to do is:
- Hold start, hit R, and then type ‘percentage local app data percentage’, and hit enter.
- That will direct you to a folder of App Cache. Then, scroll down until you find the Discord folder.
- Spotting the Discord folder, you got to find Update.exin and rename the file, by double-clicking or right-clicking, and add a 1 to it. Do not delete the file completely.
- Once you have renamed the file, go start discord normally, and upon restarting it will display a new update file in the folder.
- By clicking on that, you can try downloading the update again.
There, by following these simple steps you could fix the discord update failed loop. However, if the issue still does not get a fix, try running discord as an administrator by following different steps, easily available on YouTube.
HOW DO I FIX DISCORD LOADING FOREVER?
Fix this issue by following some simple steps. The steps below will uninstall discord and do a couple of more checks to fix discord loading time.
- First of all, you will need to go ahead and close all running discord processes, for both PTP and discord. This can be done either by opening task manager, spotting discord on the list, right-click on the task, and note that you have to make sure that all of them are closed even if they are running in the background.
- The second way to do it is by typing CMD, right-click and access as admin and there you will have to enter taskkill>space>ford slash>F>space>ford slash>IM>space>discord.exe. Thereby, every process of discord will be closed instantly.
- The second step is to click on the windows key and press R inside of this new window, and type in ‘percentage app data local percentage’, and hit enter.
- You will see a pop-up over there. Scroll down and find a discord, if you have discord PTP, follow the same steps.
- Select the file and press delete, wait until all the files vanish. There on, click onto ‘local’ at the top and the very top, and likewise, scroll down and find discord, select and delete.
- After that, go to the window and type CMD once again right-click run as admin. There, type Ipconfig>space>ford slash>flashdns. It will close out all command prompts.
- Then, click the time in the bottom right of the screen; double-check whether the date and time settings are set automatically and if it is fully updated.
- Hit install, and let it go ahead and download some updates. Finally, it will prompt you to log in, which you can do by entering a username, password, and two factors.
By following these steps you could have a smoother Discord service and resolve the issue of discord stuck updating.
WHY CAN’T I CONNECT TO DISCORD?
Apart from checking Discord’s status, troubleshooting the app, or turning off VPN settings, there are other ways you can try connecting to Discord.
Check the third-party service. If your discord is not connecting to other services like Spotify or Xbox, go to connections via the main app and see if the services are connected. Sometimes, the service might be encountering a server outrage, or it might have disconnected itself.
Disable Proxy Server Settings. Using proxy servers can disrupt the functioning of the app, so make sure you turn off the ‘use a proxy server’, through different guidelines on Windows 10, iPad and iPhones, or Android.
Try the web version of the app. If all these tactics fail, try accessing your Discord account through the web version, which is available on any browser. If it still doesn’t load further or start, then the problem would be with Discord servers, and you might just need to wait.
IS DISCORD STUCK ON CHECKING FOR UPDATES MAC?
The discord infinite update loop also happens in the most proficient, iMac/MacBook. The best fix to this is to reinstall Discord on your Mac. Below are the steps of how to do so.
- Close discord by pressing ⌘+Q or quit from the menu bar.
- Access Siri or Spotlight to direct you to Mac’s Activity Monitor, and close every discord action.
- There on, delete all discord data so that every cache glitch vanishes with it, and the new installation is not hindered.
- Locate the ~/Library/Application Support and /Library/Application Support folders. There on, you will see a corresponding discord folder that will contain the data that does not vanish, even after uninstalling the app, so delete all those folders.
- Lastly, go to applications, place discord in the trash folder again, restart your Mac and install the app again, with discord permanent update.
HOW DO I FIX RTC CONNECTION ON DISCORD?
Other than checking your internet connection, restarting your device, setting a different server region on discord, checking your VPN, and temporarily disabling the antivirus program on your device, there are several other ways you can fix this problem.
Disable Quality of Service. Launch the Discord app, go to settings, locate the voice and video option on the left side, scroll down and turn off ‘Enable Quality of Service High Packet Priority’, and then restart the discord app and see if the RTC connection is resolved.
Change the Audio Subsystem. Some people’s RTC connection issues were resolved by switching the audio subsystem to legacy. It can be done by locating voice and audio in the app settings and set the audio subsystem to legacy.
Change the DNS Server. DNS (Domain Name System) interfaces URLs with their IP addresses. Your DNS influences your web browser’s speed and exactness. Changing your DNS server to a more popularly used DNS, like Google’s, is always a smart choice and safety. Keep the preferred DNS server to 22.214.171.124 and the alternative to 126.96.36.199, and check if it resolves the issue.
Follow the below steps to change your device’s DNS server. Hold the Windows key and press R, copy-paste Control ncpa.CPL and hit enter, access properties from the context menu by right-clicking, locate and double click internet protocol version, switch to ‘Use the following DNS server addresses’, and save changes.
Flush Your DNS Cache and Reset Your IP Settings. This is the next step after switching to a DNS server. You can do this by, clicking the start button on your screen, type ‘command prompt’ in search, and finally, click on the command prompt and select to run as administrator.
Discord is the best app that is there for gaming, worldwide. Most errors and issues faced by its users are related to the message flashed onto their screen which says, ‘discord downloading update 1 of 1.’ Meaning, the updating process goes on forever, causing disruptions and within the operating systems and irritation for the consumer.