Well, who hasn’t yet heard about Nintendo, the multinational consumer electronics and video game company in Japan? Established in 1889, this popular multimedia company has been providing gaming hardware to its millions of customers. The Nintendo Switch is one of the Nintendo Switch Won’t Charge.
But, like any other hardware or electronic device, this Nintendo switch is not at all perfect in some issues. That is why bad luck hits sometimes and the Nintendo Switch won’t charge. You can also find other problems with Nintendo Switch. For example, you can find the Nintendo switch not turning on after dying.
When this kind of problem occurs, it will leave you in a frustrating situation. Obviously, you have bought this device at a high price and now you do not want to spend more money on it. There are several reasons for which the Nintendo Switch won’t turn on, or won’t charge.
Luckily, there are also some easy ways that you may try, before sending it to the repairing shop to fix it, when your Nintendo switch won’t work. In this article, I will write the ways of possible fixes by which you can resolve the issue.
You have to go through the entire article in order to find out the possible ways that I have shared. Let’s begin.
Why Is My Nintendo Switch Not Turning On? – The Possible Reasons
Sometimes you find that switch not charging on the dock. You might be wondering what is happening to the switch. As I have mentioned earlier, there can be several reasons for which the Nintendo switch is not working properly. Here are some reasons.
- May be the charger of the Nintendo switch is to be reset.
- May be the fuse is burnt.
- The charging points with the charging port of the Nintendo Switch’s USB- C might get dirty or get damaged. You need to clean it.
- May be the adaptor of the charger is become dirty or damaged.
- If you are using the dock of the Nintendo switch for charging the switch, it could be happen that the dock is getting damaged.
- Sometimes, the switch won’t work because of the incompatible 3rd party adaptor. Sometimes it happens. These 3rd party adaptors won’t work properly with the console of the switch.
- May be you have done some modifications or changes on your switch. That is why the switch is not working properly. In that case, you have to undo the modifications or the changes you have done to your switch.
Nintendo Switch Won’t Charge Or Turn On- How To Fix This Issue And Resolve It
When your Nintendo switch won’t charge or turn on, there are some easy and quick fixes that are available by which you can resolve the problem on your own. When you see that the switch won’t charge, at first, you have to check the Nintendo switch charging indicator.
Here are the ways of fixes that you can try.
1. You can examine the outlet.
If the indicator shows that it is not charging, then something is wrong with the outlet of the switch. You have to replace it. But, before replacing or changing the outlet, you have to examine it first. What you have to do is to plug in a cord of another device into the outlet.
If you find out that the console of the switch is getting charged with the cord of another device, then you have to be sure that the outlet is the main problem. The outlet can be faulty due to a fuse that is burnt. In that case, you have to call for an electrician.
Now that your outlet is faulty and is not working, you have to move forward the switch to the other outlet and charge it as a back- up, until the actual outlet is to be repaired.
2. You need to examine the dock.
If you are charging the Nintendo Switch by using the dock, it can be faulty due to regular use. You have to make sure that you place securely.
If you see that no cables are loose, then maybe the dock is damaged itself and in that case, the dock needs to be repaired.
3. You can try using Nintendo switch charging port replacement.
Sometimes the charging port of the Nintendo Switch can be the problem. At first, you have to check the charging port. If you find that it is faulty and the switch is not working for the charging port, then, you have to replace the charging port of the Nintendo switch.
4. You can try by resetting the Charger and the outlet.
It is best for you to check some things before you buy the Nintendo switch to avoid the problem. You have to reset it at first.
- At first, you need to turn the power of the console off. You can do this by holding up the power button for sometimes (at least 3 seconds).
- Then, you have to the Power Option.
- Now, in the list, you need to choose the option Turn Off.
- Then, you should unplug the charger from the outlet as well as from the Switch.
- After that, you need to wat for at least 30 seconds or more.
- You have to press the reset button of the Outlet.
- Then, you need to plug in the adaptor again.
- After that, you have to plug in the charger into the outlet directly.
- If you see that it is charging again, the issue has resolved.
Nintendo Switch: Black Screen of Death- Fix the Issue
When the Nintendo switch the black screen of death occurs, you will find out some typical errors. You will see that Nintendo 3ds won’t turn on in this case. This can hold the charge of the switch itself. But you will see that the backlight will only appear on the screen. But it stays black itself.
Maybe you are having a charging issue. That is why the problem occurs. You can hold the power button of the system at least for 10 seconds. It will hard reset the Nintendo switch. Thus, the device will shut down the console. Then, you can normally turn the device on again.
If you find out that the console is started to freeze, I will recommend you to update the system software with the newest version.
If it does not work, to fix the issue, you can go along with the steps.
- At first, you have to remove or detach all the components like SD Card, game, stylus and so on for the safety.
- After that, what you have to do is to remove the back panel of the Nintendo.
- Now, you have to remove the battery of the switch.
- Detach the screws of the Nintendo.
- Now, just remove the Wi-Fi chip and then you have to plug it again.
How To Restart Nintendo Switch
- When you see the power button, you have to hold it for at least 3 seconds.
- In the power option, you have to select turn off. You can choose Set the System to Sleep Mode too.
- Then, you have to press the B button to exit the power menu.
1. How do you fix a Nintendo Switch that won’t charge?
- You can examine the outlet.
- You can check the dock.
- You can replace the charging port.
- You can replace the battery.
- You may buy a new charging adaptor.
2. How do I know if my dead switch is charging?
The best way to know if your dead switch is charging is to plug it into the charger. Generally, you can see the lighted up screen with the indicator of the battery. But it will take a long time. You have to wait for a few hours as well.
3 . What does it mean when your Nintendo Switch won’t charge?
When the Nintendo battery won’t charge, it can imply so many things. You might have to change the charger. Maybe some faults happen in the outlet such as the fuse may be burnt. Maybe the contact point of the USB charging port is dirty and so on.
4 . How do you fix the charging port on a Nintendo Switch?
Well, if you find out that some faults have occurred in the charging port on a Nintendo Switch, I can suggest that you should change or replace the port. If you are not an expert in hardware or software, it is better for you to consult an expert and change it with his or her advice.
To Sum It Up
Though manufactured by a popular and trending company of the world, Nintendo switches are not the exception. They need repairing too. But before investing too much money in the hardware, you should better know the ways by which you can fix them on your own. Best of luck.