A popular brand like iPhone comes with a particular name by default. But how to change the Bluetooth name on iPhone?
Fortunately, there is a solution for this and you can change the name of the Bluetooth device for the iPhone. Renaming the name of the iPhone can be the solution to many problems.
How to change Bluetooth device name on iPhone? This common question is asked by several apple users. In this article, I am going to share step by step guide about how to rename iPhone or how to name my iPhone for Bluetooth devices.
Let’s see then.
How To Change The Name Of A Bluetooth Device On iPhone- Guide For The Apple Users
You can rename Bluetooth devices for iPhone quickly and easily. For that, you need to connect the iPhone with a Bluetooth device.
Don’t know how to connect Bluetooth device to iPhone? Here is the guide for that at first.
Connecting iPhone To Bluetooth
- Open ‘Settings’ in your iPhone and then open Bluetooth from settings and turn it on.
- Now, you have to turn the Bluetooth device on to which you are willing to connect it. Make sure it is discoverable to the nearby devices.
- You will see the name of the Bluetooth on your iPhone. Tap on it. It will be paired to the device.
Got it! Now it’s time to change the name of the Bluetooth device. Here is the step-by-step guide for changing the name of the Bluetooth device on the iPhone.
How To Rename Bluetooth Device On Iphone.
- At the very first step, make sure that the Bluetooth device is connected to the iPhone.
- Now in the iPhone, move to the ‘Settings’ app and open it.
- Open the Bluetooth settings from the ‘Settings’ app.
- You will see the connection or the paired device in the list. Choose the option: ”More Info”.
- A device information page will be opened. Click the name of the device here.
- Write the name you want to use from now. After that choose ‘Done’.
- Go back and check if the name is changed.
How To Change Bluetooth Device Name Permanently
- Pair iPhone and the Bluetooth device.
- Open ‘Settings and then you need to right-click on the name of the device.
- Never click on the Menu bar. You need to leave it open.
- Turn the device off now.
- Choose the “Rename” option from the menu which is appeared after right-clicking.
- Write another name and leave the page.
- Now, again turn on the device and reconnect it with iPhone.
IPhone: Rename Bluetooth Device
You can do vice-versa of the previous process. I mean apple users also ask: how to change the iPhone name on Bluetooth? Well, if you do not know how to rename an Apple device for a Bluetooth device, learn by reading the steps.
How to Change iPhone Name for the Bluetooth Devices
- Open the settings of the Bluetooth device. Move to ‘General’ and then click on ‘About’. You can see the name of the iPhone there.
- Tap on the name and erase it. Write a new name.
- Now, you need to select done.
Sometimes problems arise and you can see the message like: iPhone name won’t change. Just relax. Just sign out from iCloud and sign in again. This can help to resolve the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Change My Bluetooth Name?
In the Bluetooth settings, you will see the name of the Bluetooth. Now, there are some devices on which you can change the name by tapping on the name.
Erase the name and type a new name. There are other devices on which you need to tap on the 3 dot menu and choose the option ‘Rename’ to change the name.
How Do I Change My Discoverable Name On My iPhone?
- Open ‘Settings’. Then tap on ‘General’. Then ‘About’ and then ‘Name’.
- Type a new name on the name section.
- Click on ‘Done’.
How Do You Change Your Bluetooth Name On iPhone 11?
- Move to Settings and then General. Under that section choose General and then name.
- Erase the name and write a new one.
- Select Done.
To Sum It Up
Changing the name of the iPhone or the Bluetooth device is not all complex anymore. iPhone provides its users with so many modern features that the use of this device has become so easy.
Also Read: How To Add Interests On Linkedin