What’s one of the worst things that you can encounter when you are sitting with your laptop and it’s time to binge-watch a series or movie? headphones not working windows 10!
And now, you either have to drop the plan or arrange new headphones so that you can continue with everything as planned. But there’s another thing that you can try, troubleshooting!!
And to do that successfully, we are here to help you.
Here is your guide to what to do when headphones not working windows 10?
Read it slowly and learn it thoroughly.
FIXING THE PROBLEMS
Before we fix your windows 10 headphones not working issue, it is always important to under the real issue. Considering the same, lets acknowledge the concerns and figure out the best solutions.
Headphones Not Recognized by Computer
One of the problems you can face is windows 10 not recognizing headphones and makes us wonder, why is my computer not reading my headphones?
SO, what needs to be done now?
Well, when my computer isn’t recognizing my headphones, these are the initial steps I take:
- First, right-click on the sound icon in the lower-right corner of the desktop.
- And then select Sounds and go to playback to see if your headphones are listed there or not.
You may need to install new drivers as Windows 10 may not detect it if it doesn’t have a green checkmark next to it. And that is what you can do when your laptop isn’t recognizing headphones.
With that, let’s check out another concern
Headphones Not Detected Windows 10?
If your headphones not detected windows 10 then here’s how you can run the Hardware troubleshooter and check for the issue to make sure that any new device or hardware attached to your computer was installed correctly:
- Go to Control Panel and select Troubleshooting.
- Click on Hardware and sound under Troubleshoot computer problems and then under devices select Hardware and devices.
- Click on Advanced and then click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).
- Click on Next and follow onscreen instructions to complete the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
Now if this solves your ‘headphones not detected’ problem then go and enjoy your show but if the problem persists then see below for some more solutions.
Laptop not detecting headphones windows 10
There are more ways to fix the problem if your pc not recognize headphones. If the set of headphones that you are using aren’t set as default in the computer, then you might face the problems like a computer not registering headphones.
But by following the steps given below you can fix the headphones not being detected problem easily:
- Right-click on the volume icon and select “Playback devices”.
- Now, right-click on space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.
- Select “headphone” and click on “Properties”.
- Then make sure that the headphone is enabled there and is set as default.
- Now, reconnect your headphones and check if the issue is resolved or not.
Now that you know a few ways to solve the windows 10 not detecting headphones issue, we think it’s time for you to have a look at the FAQ section to enhance your knowledge on this topic.
Just see below for that.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Here is a full list of most of the questions that every person who goes through this situation asks. And we believe to answer and share them all so that our readers can stay informed.
Have a look!
1. Why Are My Headphones Not Working When I Plug Them In My laptop?
If a pair of headphones won’t work with your laptop computer, this means that either:
- The headphone jack itself has become disabled and we have shared the steps to enable it below.
- The drivers for your audio card aren’t properly installed so make sure that your audio card is properly initialized.
- Also, in some cases the windows 10 headphones not plugged into the headphone jack but in the mic, etc so be doubly sure in this case too.
Now that you know all the possible reasons to figure out why there was no sound from headphone window 10
2. How Do I Enable Headphones In Windows 10?
Do you know how can you enable the headphones in windows 10? No? maybe that’s the problem you are facing.Well, to enable the headphones in your laptop or computer, follow the steps given below:
- At the bottom right part of the screen there’s a sound icon, right-click on it and select the open sound settings option.
- Now go to the manage sound devices option and check all the devices under the disable option.
- If you see your headphones in the disabled option too, then click on your headphones’ name and then select enable.
- When a tick will come in front of your headphone’s device name, it means they have been enabled and now you can see if the sound problem in your headphones persists or not.
3. Why Headphone Jack Not Working Windows 10
One of the reasons why your front headphone jack not working windows 10 might not be working can be because it has been disabled. And you can easily fix it by doing the following steps:
- On the taskbar, there’s a sound or speaker icon, right-click on it.
- Then click on the sounds option and in the sound window, go to the playback tab and right-click on your playback device.
- Click on the Set as Default Device option to enable it and press ok to finish the task.
Now go and see if your headphones have started working properly without any problem or are there still something wrong with the sound?
4. How To Fix The Issue Of Realtek Not Recognizing Headphones?
To solve this issue, all you have to do is change a few settings. What setting and how to change them? For that, follow the steps given below:
- Go to the control panel and click on Hardware and Sound there.
- Then select Realtek HD Audio Manager and in the top-right corner, locate device advanced settings, click on it and enable multi-stream mode.
- Now click on ok to save the changes and restart your computer to see if the issue is resolved or not.
And now, your Realtek will not only recognize the headphones but will also play your music or video with full volume support.
5. Why Is Usb-c Head Hones Not Working Windows 10?
Maybe the reason why your USB headphones are not working is that you haven’t set them up, you haven’t enabled them or made the changes so that they can do their job of producing sound for you.
Now, what shall be done? Well, just follow the instructions given below:
- Plug your headphones in.
- Right-click the volume icon at the bottom right side of your desktop taskbar, and select playback devices.
- Check the default device and if it shows the headphones you just plugged in, select them to play sound but if it does not detect your headphones, you will have to update your BIOS in that case.
Note: if any of the options don’t work and your headphones whether Bluetooth ones or USB ones are still not working with your windows 10 pc, there might be some technical issue with either your device or your headphones.
Get them checked by a professional in that case and fix the problem once and for all. Also, we hope that the information given above was helpful for you and your issue get resolved.
TO SUM UP:
If your headphones not working windows 10, then there can be several reasons behind it and these several problems will have several solutions for you to solve the issue.
We have shared all of them with you, and by reading them one by one, you can see exactly what kind of problem you are facing and what is its solution.
Also, there’s always a possibility that your device might have stopped working, so make sure to get it fixed if that is the problem.
Stay tuned and keep reading for more details on your favorite topics.
Read more-Fix: Sysmain High Disk Usage