Solving error code: 232404 is not a very hard job. Here you will get every single information on it.232404 error is an error you get while trying to play a video on any video player or any website. If you get this error, you will see the following message –
Error loading media: File could not be played or This video file cannot be played. (error code: 232404).
But there are some very simple solutions to this. Those are –
- Restart device.
- Update drivers and software.
- Scan devices for malware and viruses.
- Check hardware connections.
- Repair or reinstall the software.
- Use the system restore method.
- Contact the support team.
Now I am going to tell you more on this topic, and that too with every possible detail.
What Are The Reasons For Error Code 232404?
Before knowing the solutions, you have to have some idea of why the error occurs. Because, if you do not know this, you will have to spend more time to solve the issue, as you will not be able to figure out the proper method to solve this error.
N.B. – the error can happen on any website or video player and you might see errors on them like 123movies 232404 or vlc 232404.
There could be the following reasons –
1. Browser Issues:- If there are too many cache files in your browser, you might face this error.
2. Connection Issues:- A slow internet connection can trigger this irritating issue.
3. Server Issues:- The streaming service might have some server issues.
4. Geolocation Issues:- The content might be restricted in your area.
5. Infected Video File:-The video file could be infected.
6. Ad Blocker:- There could be some active ad blockers in your browser.
Now let me tell you about the solutions.
How To Fix Error Code 232404 Using 6 Possible Methods
As I said before, there are a total of 7 methods to solve this issue. Here I shall tell you about the first 6 methods and their steps. The 7th method is to contact the support team of either the streaming service or the software.
1. Restart Device:- You should restart your device to solve this issue. There could be some technical glitches inside your device, which will be eliminated if you restart the device and you can play the video smoothly.
2. Update Drivers And Software:- If you are using outdated versions of the drivers and the software, then you might face this error. So, you have to update them.
To update drivers –
- Click Search.
- Type Device Manager and click on it from the option list.
- Select the respective drivers.
- Right-click on them.
- Click update drivers.
- Choose Search Automatically For Drivers.
- The drivers will be updated.
To update software –
- Open the website for the software.
- Download the latest version of it.
- Uninstall the previous version.
- Install the downloaded version.
3. Scan Device For Malware And Viruses:- Run Windows Security Defender and scan for malware and viruses, because if there are viruses or malware, you might face this error.
- Open Windows Security Defender.
- Click Scan This Device.
4. Check Hardware Connections:- If the hardware connections are improper, then you might get this error. So you should check on them and rearrange them if you find that the fault is there only.
- Repair Or Reinstall The Software
- Open Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall A Program.
- Choose the software from the list and make a right-click.
- Now click Repair/Uninstall.
- If you choose to uninstall, then reinstall the game.
5. Use The System Restore Method:- If you have a system restore point, then use that point using the system restore method to overcome this issue.
- Open Control Panel.
- Search Recovery.
- Open System Restore.
- Click Next.
- Select the restore point for the selected app.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
The Final Words
Now you know how you can solve the error code 232404 on any website or video player. Apply these methods and see which one works for you. If you see none is working for you, contact the support team of the support team of the website or the software.