Facing errors while playing Dead Island 2 could be really frustrating. It would be the best option to check if drivers are out of date or not. Outdated drivers are the real cause of poor performance and such errors.
Dead Island 2 series is an excellent choice and if you are one of those who is facing Dead Island 2 crashing error then just stay with us in this article, we will get you covered with the best fixes to get rid of it.
Dead Island 2 Is Crashing On My Computer. What Is Causing This?
The Dead Island 2 crashing problem can arise due to any of the reasons mentioned below.
- If your PC is not meeting system requirements then you will keep facing such errors. So, check the requirement and ensure it meets all the needs of the game.
- Running outdated or poor drivers has a huge impact on the performance of the game. The graphic card will not work to its full potential and you may encounter such crashing problems.
- Running the game with outdated or missing components can also cause such errors.
- The involvement of third-party apps and services can also interrupt the performance of games. As a result, the gameplay may crash while starting or loading the Dead Island 2 game.
How Do I Fix Dead Island 2 keeps Crashing On My PC.
Here are some of the best ways through which you can fix Dead Island 2 crashing errors on your PC.
1. Update Graphic Card Driver
- First of all, just click on Start Menu and type device manager, and then press Enter.
- Then expand the Display Adapters.
- Now just right-click on the GPU driver and choose the Update Driver option.
- Then click on Search Automatically for Drivers and wait until the process gets completed.
- Once it is done, just restart your PC and check whether the problem persists or not.
2. Repair The Dead Island 2 Game
To fix Dead Island 2 Game crashing issues, just repair it. This is one of the most effective solutions, let us know how to do it.
- First, open Epic Games Launcher and move to the Library section.
- Now just tap on the Navigation Menu icon, which is located just below Dead Island 2, then click on the Manage option.
- You must click on the Verify option on the top side.
- Then just wait until the process gets completed and check whether the issue is resolved or not.
3. Clear Web Cache
Clearing the Web Cache is also a good idea to solve the Dead Island 2 error.
- First of all, open the run command by pressing the Windows + I button on your keyboard.
- Now just type %localappdata% and click on the Ok button.
- Then you have to open the Epic Game Launcher Directory from the options.
- Now go to the Saved option and find the folder with the name WebCache and delete them.
- Once it is done, just restart your PC and launch the game again.
4. Turn Off Third-Party Apps
Before starting Dead Island 2, it’s advisable to deactivate overlay features on third-party apps like Discord, Xbox Game Bar, and Nvidia GeForce Experience. These overlays can lead to clashes and crashes during gameplay.
5. Disable Full Screen Optimization
Full-Screen Optimization will improve the overall performance of gaming. But at the same time, it can also cause some crashes. Here’s how you can solve this error.
- Just head to the Dead Island 2 Directory.
- Now right-click on the app file and click on properties.
- Then just open the Comparability Tab.
- Now tick mark the option of Disable Fullscreen Optimizations.
- Then click on the Apply button and tap on Ok.
6. Reinstall The Game
Reinstalling the game is another fix that you can try to fix the error.
- First, open Epic Game Launcher on your PC.
- Then just head to the Library section.
- Now click on three horizontal dots for Dead Island 2 and uninstall it.
- Then just install the game again to check if the issues persist or not.
7. Uninstall All The Suspicious Apps
Many apps are available in the market that can create a bad impression. The apps like Game Booster, FPS Booster, GeForce Experience, Razer Synapse, and many more, can be the reason behind crashing Dead Island 2. Just follow these steps-
- First of all, open Windows Settings on your PC.
- Then go to Apps and click on installed apps.
- Now you will find apps in front of your screen, just tap on any of the problematic apps. and uninstall it.
- Then follow the on-screen tips to complete the process.
8. Clear Shader Cache
Clearing Shader Cache is also an ideal choice to fix this error permanently. Well, clearing it may encounter some laggy performance issues in your game. But over time, it will go away. So, let us know how to clear the shader cache.
- First of all, Press Windows + I on your screen to open Windows Settings.
- Then just navigate to System and head to the Storage option.
- Now just go to the Temporary Files option and tick mark DirectX Shader Cache.
- Then click on Remove files and it is done.
Now restart your game Dead Island 2 and check whether the issue is gone or not.