Battlefield 2042 DirectX error is a lingering issue when Battlefield 2042 crashes and leaves the gaming device unstable. Numerous Battlefield 2042 players have reported that they can’t see the GPU once the Battlefield 2042 DirectX error Shows up. Therefore, we have investigated the issue thoroughly. The causes of the Battlefield 2042 DirectX error are outdated graphics cards, improper DirectX configuration, problematic game files, improper system requirements, and others.
To fix this issue, players may try the below-given steps.
- Update Graphics Drivers
- Update Windows
- Update DirectX
- Edit The Game Profile
- Verify The Game File’s Integrity
- Clear Cache
- Turn Off DLSS
Encountering the Battlefield 2042 DirectX error in the middle of the game is really frustrating. Therefore, in this article, we have discussed the causes and fixes of this Battlefield 2042 error in detail.
So, keep reading.
How Can the Battlefield 2042 DirectX Error Be Fixed?
The causes of the Battlefield 2042 DirectX error can be so many. Some of them are discussed below-
1. Outdated Graphics Card
An outdated graphics card can frequently intervene in the game and cause multiple errors. Therefore, if you are encountering the DirectX error on Battlefield 2042, check your graphics card immediately.
Many players have said that the DLSS settings can also cause the Battlefield 2042 DirectX error continuously.
3. Improper DirectX Configuration
Players will always need to check their DirectX configuration. Because if there is something wrong with the DirectX configuration, the error can show up multiple times.
4. Wrong Game Files
Players will need game files to play Battlefield 2042. If the game files get corrupted for some reason, it can trigger the Battlefield 2042 DirectX error.
5. System Requirements
Your PC or gaming device will need some specific requirements if you want to play the game Battlefield 2042. But, in case the device does not meet those requirements, this issue can show up frequently.
6. Outdated Game
Make sure you have updated Battlefield 2042. Otherwise, an outdated game can show you the DirectX error.
7. Outdated Windows
Sometimes, if the Windows has not been updated properly, the DirectX error can show up continuously on the screen.
Fixes For Battlefield 2042 DirectX Error?
Update Graphics Drivers
- Launch Device Manager.
- Choose Display Adapters.
- Right-click on the graphics driver.
- Choose the Update Driver option.
- Make sure you have selected the option ‘search automatically for updated driver software’.
- On-screen instructions should be followed.
- Launch settings first.
- Now, select the Update and Security option.
- Go to Windows update.
- Choose the option check for updates.
- After that, select the Download and Install button, in case you notice any updates.
- Wait for the process to be finished successfully.
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing Win + R.
- Write dxdiag.
- Click on the OK button. It will launch the DirectX Diagnostic Tool.
- Go to the System Tab and you will see the DirectX version. In case it is not yours, you should move to the next step.
- Launch the page down the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer.
- Restart the PC after you update the DirectX.
Edit The Game Profile
- Launch the File Explorer Dialog Box.
- Go to the Document folder.
- Make double-click on the option Battlefield 2042.
- Go to settings.
- Make a right-click on PROFISAVE_profile.
- Choose the Open with Notepad option.
- Go to GstRender.Dx12Enabled at the bottom of the screen.
- Set the value from 0 to 1.
- Choose the File option.
- Choose the save button.
- Exit windows.
Verify The Game File’s Integrity
- Launch Steam.
- Go to the Library.
- Search for the Battlefield 2042.
- Right-click and select Properties.
- Choose the local files option.
- Choose the Verify Integrity of Game files option.
- Open the Run Dialog Box.
- Write %ProgramData%/Steam.
- Hit the enter button.
- Delete everything. But make sure you do not remove the LocalContent folder.
- Launch the Run Dialog box again.
- Write %AppData%.
- Hit the enter button.
- Go to the Steam Folder.
- Delete it.
- Now go to C:\Users\Your UserName\AppData\Local.
- Remove the Steam folder again.
- Restart the device.
- Restart the game.
Turn Off DLSS
- Launch the graphics settings menu.
- Go to options.
- Choose Display
- Go to the video option.
- Turn off DLSS.
Frequently Asked Questions-
Q1. What is the error 0xC0000005 in Battlefield 2042?
Ans. The error code 0xC0000005 in Battlefield 2042 is an error of memory access violation. If you want to fix this issue, you will have to follow the steps that are given below-
- Turn off the Windows Defender Firewall
- Turn off antivirus software for some time.
- Run the game as administrator.
Q2. How can you disable DirectX 12 Battlefield 2042?
Ans. Here is how you can turn off DirectX 12 Battlefield 2042.
- Open origin.
- Now, move to the option Advanced video settings.
- Locate the DirectX button.
- Toggle it off.
The Bottom Line
So, you can see that solving the Battlefield 2042 DirectX error is not at all complicated. You just have to be patient and try these above-mentioned processes one by one. Any of these processes will surely work for you. All the best! Happy gaming.