Roblox is a fun online game that people play on desktop applications found on Microsoft Store or on the Browser. You can play minigames, enjoy the experience of a virtual world created by others, and whatnot. You can download the app from there to join millions of people around the globe.
But a lot of the time, a common error occurs with the Roblox, “An error occurred while starting Roblox.” Both desktops, as well as web applications, can show this error while you are starting Roblox.
But don’t worry; we will guide you in this blog on how to fix this error and get to the good part of this application.
Reasons Why Roblox Keeps Saying an error occurred while starting
Starting Search Roblox can still give you errors even in 2023. Nobody can predict where the errors can appear from. You may suddenly encounter a message ” An error occurred while starting Roblox.” out of nowhere.
- The most common cause for an error while beginning Roblox is a poor network connection. You may not have connected to the internet, or your connectivity is slow, which is causing problems in starting the Roblox.
- Another cause can be your antivirus software. Chances are your antivirus software or firewall implemented in your system is blocking your “Search Roblox” from starting.
- There can be issues with the configuration in your network as well due to a problem with your service provider.
- An old Roblox Version or, if you are playing the game on the web application, an outdated browser version can also cause an error while starting Roblox.
- Re-configuring the settings of your router may also show the error message “An error occurred while starting Roblox.” This has happened with a lot of users. Chances are the user has blocked out Search Roblox while changing the setting. Try to reset your router if this is the reason for the error.
- Another reason can be a corrupt Transfer Control Protocol and Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), or maybe your system’s proxy settings have stopped the access of the Application.
- If the server on the application side is down, you may get to see the message “An error occurred while starting Roblox.”. You have to wait till the server is restored. “Roblox DownDetector Page” is the place where you can check whether the server is causing the problem.
How to Fix the Errors Occurred While Starting Roblox
Here are some of the troubleshooting guidelines that you can follow to combat the “An error occurred while starting Roblox.” message.
Step 1. Check the Current Status of Your Server
The Roblox status page will tell you if the problem while starting your application is happening due to the server. The status page keeps giving real-time updates and is quite efficient in letting you know if the problem is with Roblox maintenance itself. Check the status and find out if there’s a problem on the operational side. If this is the case, then you have no other option but to be patient and wait for the server problems to get resolved.
Step 2. Make Sure Your Internet Connection is Working
If you are encountering the message, “An error occurred while starting Roblox.” try to open another tab on your browser and check if your internet connection is working properly. Explore other websites and check if they are opening on your browser. If you realize that your internet is slow or not working, you can follow these troubleshooting methods:
- Right Click on Start on your Desktop and Select Settings
- Choose Network and Internet in Settings
- Click on Advanced Network Settings in the Network & Internet section
- Select Network Troubleshooter and wait for it to work.
- Check if the fixes have been applied.
Step 3. Deactivate any Present Third-Party Antivirus Software
We generally use a third-party antivirus to add an extra layer of protection to our system. This is no doubt a good practice, but the software may sometimes detect a secure action or a secure application as harmful to your system. This happens a lot of the time with gaming software like Roblox.
There’s a high chance that your antivirus is generating a false error and blocking Roblox, causing the error message “An error occurred while starting Roblox.”
You can try disabling your antivirus software temporarily and check whether this was the cause of an error in Roblox. If the game starts without any problem whatsoever once you deactivate your antivirus, you will realize that this was indeed the problem. You can then add Roblox as a reliable software in your antivirus application’s settings. In this way, your system’s safety will be in place while you play Roblox without any blockage.
Step 4. Allow Roblox to Open through Your Firewall
In case Windows Firewall is blocking out access to Roblox, causing an error to start the game, here are the steps to bypass the Firewall:
- Search Control Panel on your Windows Search Bar and Press Enter to go there.
- Select System and Security in Control Panel
- Choose Windows Defender Firewall
- Select Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall on the left-hand side of the Firewall section.
- Change Settings by clicking on the Button
- Find out Roblox in the list and allow it. If Roblox is not present in the list click on “Allow another app”, then find Roblox and add it.
- Tick on both private and public checkboxes for Roblox
- Select OK and confirm the changes.
Step 5. Reset The Internet Connection To Allow Roblox
If there has been any meddling with the internet connection, it may cause a blockage in the Roblox. To solve this, you can simply go to the Command Terminal (CMD) on your desktop by entering “cmd” on your Windows Search Bar.
Select “Yes” in User Account Control and copy and paste the following commands. Keep pressing Enter after each command:
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /registerdns
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /renew
- netsh winsock reset
After this, restart your system and check if the problem is resolved. You can also try re-configuring your router or modem.
Automatically Repair the Errors
There are certain automatic repairing techniques for the error message, “An error occurred while starting Roblox.”
If you do not want to go through the pain of troubleshooting manually. Here are some of the tried and tested methods:
Method 1. Access Roblox through a VPN
There can be chances that you are unable to open Roblox as your location doesn’t allow the application. A VPN comes in handy in this case. You will be able to easily access content from other geolocations and enjoy them in your Virtual Private Network.
Method 2. Use Alternative Options to Recover Your Data
If the problem in starting your Roblox software is due to a malware attack, try to recover your data through trusted software tools in the market.